Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Engagement Strawberries

So, "surprise" engagement parties see to be all the rage these days. Not that I don't love knowing all kinds of secrets before the fiancee-to-be folk.  So at a recent party, I was assigned a fruit tray to bring.  The host suggested strawberries and I couldn't resist converting a few into chocolatey delights. 

Here are my bride and groom strawberries. The "sweetheart" line on the "bride" was an accident, but it totally worked.

A few more for the other party goers to chomp on...left the rest un-sugared and barely ripe...it is January!
 And here are 2 giant ones, my "test" strawberries...the "groom" did OK but the white chocolate dipping wasn't as nice. I've got to say though, I saw even worse on google. I'm sure it still got eaten.
I wish I took a picture of the rest of the fruit tray because I quartered several kiwis and put them on the plate. Along with a sign. Nerdy, I know, but I knew this would be an adventurous food crowd. So I left the kiwi skins on and made a sign saying, "YES! The skin of a kiwi is edible, nutritious, and is like eating a peach. Try it!" To my surprise (and entertainment watching people read and try)...ALL the kiwi got eaten - except for the one I stabbed with my "sign."  So seriously...try some skin-on kiwi fruit today...your body will thank you!

1 comment:

jess said...

Those are spectacular!