Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rummage Sale'd

In my jet-lagged state upon return from Scotland, I found myself at a local church rummage sale. I love these things! I didn't have a big budget for the day, but in the outdated electronics section I noticed this HANDSOME leather case.
And inside...a vintage video camera!!!!!!! Ohmygosh this is the coolest thing ever!!! And it still has the original instruction book??? How could someone still have all this and then give it up for a glorified garage sale???

Vintage 8-mm video camera. With new batteries -- this puppy actually WORKS when you hold down the trigger. I think we are going to try and get some film that fits and try it out, even if it is a 30 second video that is filmed in "Wonder Years" style.

Seriously I just think this is so cool. I mean, I bought it for ZACH. FOR ZACH. I thought it would be cool when we have in a bigger house to have in his office/mancave or as part of decor, given his education choice. Heck, if anything, the leather bag alone is easily worth the $7 I paid for it all.


One last look at the inside...that's for the film, baby!

1 comment:

jessica said...

This is so cool!!! What a find! I bet Zach loves it. If I brought this to Brandon, he would flip. I agree that it could make awesome decor.