Sunday, November 10, 2013

Stuff (picasa not working for pics)

Changes
John John is changing fast. (Yes, he is mostly called John John. I've always wanted kids with a long name that I would shorten for a nickname...John kind of defied that goal and instead of calling him by his actual, short name, I double the length? Oh well.)

New: rolling over, giggles, grabbing his hands, and drool.
Same old: evening screaming, zero sleep schedule

Took the babe on another road trip last weekend. I'm a sucker for punishment. But, he was a champ. Slept in the car the entire time again! And the night sleep was pretty good too. I'm glad we had chances for some if these visits while we still have a good traveller. I'm hoping the trend continues through Christmas.

Going back to work has been tough. Nursing after bottles has been tough. Overthinking milk supply has been tough. Being refused by your infant child feels devastating. But, it's way too soon to quit, so I'm going to keep trying. I've shed a lot of tears lately, and so has John. Luckily, a few hours later we are both smiling at each other again. Just being real...it's not all fun and games over here. I am so thankful for Zach in all of this. I don't know how single parents do it!

2 comments:

Emily Sternfeld-Dunn said...

"How do single parents do it?" I've thought that so many times. Hang in there Christy, you can get through the breastfeeding hurdles and transition. You both are figuring it all out. You're doing an amazing job and are capable of more than you know. Sending you mama hugs and power from Kansas. Love you.

anna said...

Hopefully the little dude gets the hang of bottlefeeding AND breastfeeding. If he doesn't though and you're tempted to throw in the towel on BF'ing have you considered using a nipple shield? I know it's not ideal but it's still totally bf'ing and it's easier for the babe to use then the nipple. I don't know...seems like a good alternative if he's getting nipple confusion. If it makes you feel any better though when I went back to work Jack would get super annoyed that the milk didn't come out of me as fast as the bottle (you know, the whole "priming" part) Anyways, he'd yell, latch on, let go, latch on, let go. Anyways, he did it for a week or two and doesn't do it anymore. So yeah. Yay Jack. Oh, and we BARELY have a sleep schedule...well, our day time sched. is decent but our night time one is a little sketch. What can you do?!?