Friday, July 5, 2013

The time where things get uncomfortable

Dear Son,
8 weeks until we get to meet you (ish) as of 6/29. You are around 4 pounds and will probably double in weight by the time you are born. When you turn around and wiggle, it is now quite disturbing at times. But, you are pretty responsive to stimuli (thanks for waking up and reminding me you are alive when Dad gives you a raspberry). I can't imagine what my belly will look like when you double in size. Also, the heartburn, quit giving me that. Thanks.
Mom.

So seriously! I feel like my belly has exploded in size overnight. The last belly shot didn't do much justice so I'll try to post a better one soon.  My mom visited for a couple days last week and we "finished" the first run at the nursery. Meaning - once we set up the pack-n-play (aka bassinet) then we have enough of a baby room to last for a while, with plenty of room in the same baby room for the air mattress and guests. This whole not-having-a-crib-yet thing saves a lot of space!

Here is our changing table. My great-cousin, a carpenter, made it for my cousins so its kind of a family hand-me-down/heirloom type thing. Mickey is hanging out there because he was used for a diapering demonstration for Zach. The big black tub holds baby blankets - mostly hand me downs so far and a homemade one from a friend! And diapers, of course. We might switch to cloth, but not right at first, and thats an entirely separate post.

Here's our temporary "closet."  We were not planning to buy a dresser, but WHEN WE GOT A GORGEOUS ONE FOR FREE FROM OUR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!  we have been able to reset our (my) expectations for the nursery.  These two $5 closet organizers from IKEA seem to hold enough for now, I'm thinking the first 6 months or so when clothing is still very small. After that, we'll use the dresser (around the same time we get our crib.) In the meantime,  we've got pockets for onesies, shirts, rompers, bottoms, PJ's, swaddle sacks, socks, burp cloths, receiving blankets, hats...and lots of spaces left for other items.  (Barely seen on left of closet - baby Patriot's jersey and football pants...a must-have for Daddy.)
 And, just in case you think the room is too perfect - plenty of other piles of stuff that need to find a home. Just keepin' it real!
No progress so far on the rest of the linen closet.

PS: Sorry for the recent barrage of typos. I've been blogging a bit from the ipad, and sometimes it doesn't let me "scroll down" to fix mistakes I notice later. Typos and misspellings (like "scrape" instead of scrap, etc) on paid blogger sites KILL me but since I don't advertise...I don't feel as bad! But still - sorry.

1 comment:

jess said...

So excited for you!! Also, call you grandma. ;)