Monday, October 24, 2011

D-E-C-O-R-A-T-I-N-G again.

Hi again.  So are you sick of decorating posts yet? I hope so, so I can switch back to food.  Also on my last trip to Scotland, (all I do there is work and shop. I should work and work out, but that just doesn't happen.) a card shop was going out of business.  Discounts!  I found some socks that say "Grumpy's Socks" (some readers know who will get those!) and a cute name-engraved ornament for my cousin's daughter, Ella. Ella is a more popular name there so I was stoked to find it!

Ok, so while in the store, I saw these ADORABLE decorated letters.  I was in LOVE.  I drooled over them and left the store. (This was on a Monday.)
By Thursday, I couldn't handle it anymore. I had to have the "D."  I went back and got it, and grabbed the X and O while I was at it.  While realizing in line that I only had a few pounds in my pocket, I had to decide between X and O, or lunch.  Tough decision. Ladies and Gents -- let me tell you -- the cafeteria food (which I would have had to eat if I had gone back w/o getting food at the mall) is bad enough that I put X and O back, and just bought D.  But I consoled myself with the fact that I took pictures, and now I can make these myself, preferably in colors that coordinate better with wherever they will go in the house.

Meanwhile, "D" has found itself in our master bathroom.  I have wanted SOMETHING in there for a while, but when I removed the glass from this frame to paint it, I broke it, then I didn't want to put a print into it on account of shower steam...oh my goodness. This was like a craft 4 months in the making. I decided my letter D would be perfect, and water-resistant as well.
So there you have it. Even Zach approves! And because I really, really like this letter, here is an closeup:
I've done some more decorating around the house as well -- wall o' pictures, to be exact, a project that overtook my fireplace for a good 3 months. I will try to photograph that soon and post it!

1 comment:

Christy said...

cyYay!!! I can finally get back via the link! Can't wait to follow along on your journeys....again. :O)