Friday, October 14, 2011

Yum: Parchment Paper Salmon

Okay, so seriously. How many blogger friends are NOT using the new editing feature? I upload most of my phone photos (and camera, when the pics are random and being "saved" for a blog) to Picasa. Now it is so, so easy to just bring those in (in order!) to the blog. Love it.

So we had our good friends over for dinner, and I wanted to make salmon. Also, not pesto salmon, which is my only salmon dish I can make. So I resorted to looking at my 70's era "Salmon Recipes" garage sale cookbook and found parchment paper salmon.
Turns out this recipe is not "so easy" seeing as how you have to blanch the veggies (read: chop, boil, dry) in advance and such. But, we had a great time each making our own parchment package with our desired veggies, lemon slices, etc.
No really, zoom into that previous picture and look at all that tastiness in there. Here is what sold me on the parchment salmon: "The best part is, if you overcook the salmon, it does not dry out, because the steam cannot escape."  SOLD!

The after:
 Before stuffing our face with all that salmon:
Yum!

3 comments:

jess said...

No fair, you guys stole all my friends!

I think I'm using the new blogger but I can't remember. Probably because I haven't blogged in so long. heh.

Paige said...

That looks really yummy!

Katie Lady said...

so...I do need the recipe from your retro cookbook. if you send me yours, I'll send you mine!

Miss you!