Friday, October 21, 2011

Garage Sale Treasures and Decorating for Winter!

I do like fall. I plan to post some pictures of my fall decor (i.e., 1 single wreath...and soon to be some pumpkins, I hope) as soon as I upload them from my camera. But I uploaded these pictures from my phone, and they show that I'm already preparing for Winter decor! (I keep writing "Christmas" and changing it to "Winter" so I can leave everything up into February.) 

The items below have all gotten a nice new shade of vintage white. On the left is a candle holder, given to me by an old roommate (aka left behind by someone else.) In the middle is a tim-like star from the $2.50 section at Target. On the right is a garage saled picture frame, which if you can take a closer look, has a lot of intricate carvings/decor on it.
 Here is a close up of the star. I REALLY like it. I can't wait to use it.
I'm working on ideas for how to incorporate these into my (red brick) mantle. I like my mantle now, (which is not quite like this post had it, I'll have to post a new version).  If you have any ideas, let me know!

Oh, and the frame on the right - I hope to staple some screen mesh to the back and gift it for Christmas as an earring holder!!!!!  (Great idea right?)  Are you gearing up for the holidays?

2 comments:

jess said...

Ah, the joy of spray painting...

Katie Lady said...

A "tim like star"? Do you think my husband is pointed and brilliant? and a little holy? :) Hmm...okay, I agree with you. It is Tim like!!