Monday, November 28, 2011

What's for Dinner? Chicken Tetrazzini

What's on the menu to night for dinner? Recently we made one of Zach's favorite meals, chicken Tetrazzini.
At one point in time, I had his mom's recipe, but I lost it.  Thank you, allrecipes.com! This was was equally tasty...considering we "sort of" followed it, as usual.

Not pictured: Cooking a mix of veggie noodles and regular spaghetti.  (Believe me...not just because the colors are prettier...because if I am going to make a pasta meal 3 times in one week, I have to at least try and make the carbs a bit more healthy.)  Added: Shredded Chicken.
 Poured on: (Yes, sideways!) the generously-mushroomed cream sauce. Also, slices of zucchini and peppers. I also used cheddar cheese instead because...that is what we had.
 Bake in the oven until browned and tasty:
This meal usually freezes well for us also.  One less meal for you to plan this week! Most of the ingredients are kitchen basics, except maybe the whipping cream, which has become a kitchen basic item for us! Its also a great way to get rid of leftover chicken (or turkey!)

1 comment:

jess said...

yum! I've been thinking seriously about trying that lately. This might be the inspiration I need.